GB 249 OM/200/1
Papers on history of Schools of Pharmacy and Bakery, Royal Technical College, Glasgow
- 1911 - 1967 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
3 folders in 1 deed wallet
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- Correspondence on appointment of James Prior Todd to chair of pharmacy at Royal Technical College, Glasgow, 1937.
- Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain History of Pharmacy Committee newsletters, 1956, 1959.
- Correspondence, 1948, with Peter Irvine, pharmaceutical chemist, on Irvine's pharmacy training in Glasgow c.1895-1900.
- Reprint of J.R. Cranston, 'Schools of Chemistry in Great Britain and Ireland-X. The Royal Technical College, Glasgow', Journal of The Royal Institute of Chemistry, March 1954.
- Drafts of article on training of pharmacists.
- Note on Pharmacy Department of Royal Technical College.
- Note on 'The Complete Pharmacist' - training.
- Note on Pharmacy teaching in Glasgow.
- Original letter from Stockdale to Peter Irvine, confirming he had served on staff of Royal Technical Colllege 1911-1913, 1916.
- Correspondence on 'Medicine in History' exhibition, held in Glasgow, 1949.
- Draft article 'One hundred years of Pharmacy' (14 pp.).
- Note on Scottish School of Bakery during Second World War, 2 January 1946.
- Copies of obituaries of Todd, from Pharmaceutical Journal, 18 November 1967, and Glasgow Herald, 4 November 1967.
- Copies of cuttings re Todd's retirement and Trust Fund, 1961.
- Note re School of Pharmacy during Second World War, 17 September 1946.
- Obituaries of Professor David Ellis, including typescript of those by Todd for 'Nature' and 'Glasgow & Andersonian Natural History and Microscopial Society'. Also assorted correspondence, 1937.
- Syllabus for classes for pharmaceutical students at Glasgow and West of Scotland Technical College, 1911
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material