Área de identidad
Tipo de entidad
Forma autorizada del nombre
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre
Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas
Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre
- Glasgow and West of Scotland Commercial College (Incorporated) (1915-1955)
Identificadores para instituciones
Área de descripción
Fechas de existencia
In 1915, the Glasgow Athenaeum Commercial College was reconstituted as the Glasgow and West of Scotland Commercial College (Incorporated).
In 1934, the College moved into a new building in Pitt Street, near Charing Cross, designed by James Miller. The College offered a wide range of commercial and professional courses including commercial and secretarial, business administration, accountancy, law, modern languages and social work. In 1944, the College founded the Scottish Hotel School and, in 1946, the Scottish School of Librarianship. In 1950, it established the Glasgow School of Management jointly with the Royal Technical College. Students studied for the associateship and diploma of the College, awards of external bodies, and external degrees of London University. In 1955, the College was renamed the Scottish College of Commerce.
In 1964, the Scottish College of Commerce merged with the Royal College of Science and Technology to form the University of Strathclyde.