The catalogue provides a number of search options:
• Simple search: at the top of every page is a search box
• Advanced search: a link above the search box leads to an advanced search offering the ability to create more sophisticated searches
• Titles, Names, Subjects, Places, Images: a horizontal list below the search box leads to browsable lists
1.Enter a query in the search box. Use a single keyword or more advanced queries using double quotes, boolean operators etc.
2.Click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the search box or press Enter on your keyboard.
1.Select one of the operators "and", "or", "not" from the drop-down list.
2.Add a search term or terms to the free-text box.
3.Select a specific field from the drop-down list to limit your search to that field.
4.Select "keyword" or "phrase".
5.Click the hyperlink "Add new" to add another layer of search instructions.
6.Click on "Filter/Limit" and select criteria from the drop-down lists to narrow your search.
7.Click the "Search" button at the bottom of the screen to perform the search.
Titles, Names, Subjects, Places, Images
1.Click on “Titles”, “Names”, “Subjects”, “Places” or “Images” to see an alphabetical list of titles, names, subjects, places or images.
2.Click on “Recent changes” to change the order of the list to show the most recent changes to the catalogue first.
3. Click on “alphabetic” to revert to alphabetical order.
4. Enter a query in the searchbox at the bottom of the page (available within Titles and Names only) to perform a search within archival descriptions (Titles) only or authority records (Names) only.