- Digital copies, 2016 (Production)
- Original recordings, 1981-1985 (Production)
Niveau de description
Étendue matérielle et support
Zone du contexte
Nom du producteur
Clifford Lockyer was born in London. Following his graduation from the University of Strathclyde (hons BA Industrial Relations and Administration, 1969), he worked as a personnel officer for Chrysler at Linwood, Renfrewshire, then took up an academic career.
After spending 1970-1971 as assistant lecturer in Social and Economic Research at the University of Glasgow, Lockyer returned to the University of Strathclyde as a lecturer in Industrial Relations (senior lecturer 1984-2003). Between 1986 and 1990, when his department merged with the Department of Administration 1990, he also acted as Head of Department and first Chairman of Department of Human Resource Management 1989 -1990.
On taking early retirement in 2003, Lockyer lectured part time at the School of Business & Management, University of Glasgow. He also held Honorary Senior Research Fellowships at University of Strathclyde (Fraser of Allander Institute, 2003-2013, and Department of Human Resource Management, 2005-2009). 2003 to 2011 he also acted as module co-ordinator at the Graduate Business School, and he relaunched the Fraser of Allander Economic Commentary. He retired for a second time in 2013.
Lockyer’s main research includes
- the Linwood project (1981-1983), which sought to record the life of the Linwood factory from shadow war factory to closure
- large regular surveys of Scottish Business trends (the Scottish Chambers’ Business Survey) together with surveys for Lloyds TSB, Scottish tourism and the oil and gas production and services sector, 1989-2012
- contributions to a number of commissioned research projects conducted by the Scottish Centre for Employment Research, Department of Human Resource Management, 2000-2009
Nom du producteur
Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert
Zone du contenu et de la structure
Portée et contenu
A series of interviews with former employees at the motor manufacturing complex at Linwood, Renfrewshire, which closed in May 1981 after an extended series of industrial disputes and economic downturn in the UK car manufacturing industry. Several interviewers were involved in the project, in particular Clifford Lockyer and an unidentified woman.
In Lockyer's words, the project "sought to record the life of the Linwood factory from shadow war factory to closure".
Évaluation, élimination et calendrier de conservation
Mode de classement
Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Conditions de reproduction
Langue des documents
Écriture des documents
Notes sur la langue et l'écriture
Caractéristiques matérielle et contraintes techniques
Instruments de recherche
Zone des sources complémentaires
Existence et lieu de conservation des originaux
Existence et lieu de conservation des copies
Unités de description associées
Zone des notes
Mots-clés - Lieux
Mots-clés - Noms
- Lockyer, Clifford, b. 1946, economist (Producteur)
- University of Strathclyde | Scottish Oral History Centre (Producteur)