- 1828-1982 (Production)
Niveau de description
Étendue matérielle et support
Zone du contexte
Nom du producteur
The Glasgow Infant School was opened by the Glasgow Infant School Society in 1828 as a model infant school. Initially, it was in the Drygate, Glasgow but removed to Saltmarket around 1831. The school was a charitable foundation, and visitors were encouraged to view the children at lessons and to donate funds for the upkeep of the school. David Caughie and his wife were trained as the first teachers. In 1834, the school was adopted as a model infant school by the Glasgow Educational Society, and moved to Dundas Vale when the Glasgow Normal Seminary opened in 1837.
Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert
Zone du contenu et de la structure
Portée et contenu
Annual reports 1829 and 1830; visitors' book; Glasgow Infant School magazine; engraving; press cuttings and journal articles.
Évaluation, élimination et calendrier de conservation
Mode de classement
Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Conditions de reproduction
Langue des documents
Écriture des documents
Notes de langue et graphie
Caractéristiques matérielle et contraintes techniques
Instruments de recherche
Item level typed list available in reading room.